ASP.NET Identity is a modern membership system that allows you to perform all required membership operations in your web application such as registration, authentication and authorization. It was designed to replace the previous ASP.NET Membership systems. It can be used with all ASP.NET frameworks : ASP.NET MVC, Web API, etc.
- Login, Log off.
- Add, Update, Delete user.
- External Authentication (Facebook, Google, Twitter, Microsoft).
- Locking and unlocking a user account.
- Restricting access to sections of the website based on given roles.
- Locking a user account after several failed login attempts.
- Configure password policy.
- Password reset feature.
ASP.NET Identity is based on OWIN and Entity Framework Code first.
Basic knowledge of :
- ASP.NET MVC
- Entity Framework
- Visual Studio
These tutorials are meant for beginners and professionnals who want to learn ASP.NET Identity.
Next to learn more about this system's architecture.